The benefits of vitamin D are proven and undeniable around the world. Its deficiency affects the musculoskeletal system and increases the chances of developing chronic diseases. In the event that the ability to be in the sun is limited, it is necessary to add a vitamin to your daily diet to correct its low level. There are 2 forms of vitamin: D2 and D3. Below we will talk about vitamin D2 or ergocalciferol in another way, what it is and when it should be taken. On the site, it is presented in the form of an active supplement. All drugs are of an affordable price and high quality. How to take it correctly will be discussed further.
What is ergocalciferol and where is it contained
Ergocalciferol or vitamin D2 is a form of calciferol. An organic substance that a person needs is present in food and is synthesized by the body when the sun’s rays hit the skin. Also available as a dietary supplement.
Vitamin D2, which contains:
- Cocoa beans grown in different regions contain vitamin D2. Most of it is in cocoa powder, butter, dark chocolate, less in white.
- Fatty fish meat and liver. Most of all is found in cod liver, trout meat, mackerel, salmon, tuna.
- White mushrooms. In particular, artificially enriched under the influence of ultraviolet rays.
- Beef liver, cheese and egg whites.
- Artificially fortified foods. The vitamin is specially added to animal milk, soy, almond and oatmeal. And also in flakes.
Another source of vitamin will be the sun. When exposed to sunlight, the skin produces a beneficial element on its own. It is worth considering that smog, clouds, glass, sunscreen and clothing interfere with this process.
If the amount of vitamin received is insufficient, then supplementation is recommended.
Ergocalciferol or vitamin D2 for what is needed
It is important to note the beneficial properties that vitamin D2 has , for which it is needed. Numerous clinical studies have determined how ergocalciferol affects the body.
- Musculoskeletal health. Helps absorb calcium and phosphorus. Vitamin deficiency can lead to fragility of bones and the development of osteoporosis. Taking the drug helps to increase bone strength, reduces the risk of fractures, including in the elderly. Helps to strengthen the tooth enamel.
- Increases muscle density. Lack of a beneficial element leads to muscle weakness and soreness.
- Strengthens the immune system, helps fight viruses and bacteria.
- It has a beneficial effect on the nervous system. Provides a stable connection of neural connections between the brain and body. Reduces the risk of developing multiple sclerosis. It is used in the complex treatment of depression.
- Reduces cholesterol and blood sugar levels, normalizes blood pressure. Ergocalciferol plays an important role in cardiovascular health.
It is worth noting that clinical studies have not established a link between taking the drug and losing weight.