Avocado is an evergreen fruit plant that grows in tropical and subtropical zones of our planet. Its ripe fruit tastes like melted butter, with a slight nutty aftertaste. Considering the benefits of avocado, it is worth mentioning that it has a fairly high calorie content – about 160 kcal per 100 grams of product. However, this does not at all interfere with using it for weight loss and including it in many vitamin diets.
Avocado contains over 20 vitamins and minerals, which together bring great benefits to our body. It contains dietary fiber, ascorbic and folic acid, potassium, copper, tocopherol. But the main place is occupied by polyunsaturated fats, which make up about 30% of the total weight of the fruit.
It would seem, how can a product that includes so much fat be useful? In fact, not all of them are harmful, moreover, they have many valuable properties:
– reduce the level of harmful cholesterol;
– regulate and normalize metabolic processes;
– promote easy absorption of vitamins and unsaturated acids;
– maintains optimal glucose levels;
– provide the prevention of atherosclerosis.
- prevention of the appearance of cholesterol plaques;
- improved blood circulation and normalization of hemoglobin levels;
- strengthening the eye muscles;
- improving memory and mental alertness;
- increased resistance to stress;
- support for the proper functioning of muscle tissue;
- elimination of toxins and free radicals from the body;
- prevention of oncological diseases;
- strengthening the immune system;
- normalization of blood pressure;
- regulation of water-salt balance.